Because I can’t leave well enough alone, I have migrated this blog to Github for a few reasons:
- Blog hosting at Github is free.
- My web content is now under version control.
- I can write and edit content, structure, and style from within my preferred text editor (currently Textwrangler for OSX).
- I’m trying to learn Git, and this is a great excuse to play around with my own site before using the tool to manage someone else’s. Drupal will be going Git soon and I want to learn the ins and outs of Git for that project.
- The blog is processed by the very excellent Jekyll rendering engine. Basically, I feed it Markdown files and it spits out static HTML. On the client end, it feels very fast and I can use nice clean code to both author and administer the blog.